Himlung Himal or Mount Himlung (7126m) is located in the Manaslu region, northeast from Annapurna region, and it lies close to the Tibetan border in a remote part of Nepal. Himlung Himal was a restricted mountain for the expedition until the year 1992, then after opening for the expedition it was first climbed by the Japanese expedition team and later followed by other mountaineering teams. Himlung Himal expedition is one of the most amazing mountaineering experiences with comparatively easy in technicality comparing to other mountains, though a person must have trekking and climbing experiences which can be proved as a plus point, during the Himlung Himal expedition.
The route to Himlung starts from the city of Besisahar, which is also the starting place for the great Annapurna circuit trekking, from where we drive to the small village of Koto. From Koto the trail is separated, it separates Annapurna circuit route and Himlung Himal Expedition. We start our trekking from koto then to the hidden valley of Narphu then finally arriving at the Himlung base camp. The amazing part of trekking from koto to Himlung base camp is remote villages, beautiful forests, amazing landscapes, People and their culture, astonishing views of mountains and peaks, several high passes, monasteries, mani walls and many more other attractions can be seen, felt and enjoyed.
Himalayan Icefall trekking has the access to the best-needed equipment and gears and have our own government licensed, experienced Sherpa guides, who are capable of leading you and make your expedition more than successful. During the Himlung Himal expedition, there will be a total, of four camps. The initial himlung base camp will be set at the elevation of 4890 meters, then 5430 meters, 5990 meters and finally at the 6340 meter. Apart from the general himlung himal expedition itinerary, climbing the himlung himal only takes around 15-16 days, with necessary acclimatization. The best time for Himlung Himal expedition is during autumn spring. So if you are planning for the himlung himal expedition give us the opportunity to lead you, we will assure you the best services with excellent counseling and we will make your expedition great and lifetime memorable.
Day 01: Arrival at the Tribhuwan International Airport.
Day 02: Rest and Expedition briefing and preparing
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to Besi sahar (5-6 hours), overnight Besi sahar.
Day 04: Drive Besi sahar to Koto (5-6 hours) (2600m)
Day 05: Trek Koto to Meta (5-6 hours) (3560m)
Day 06: Trek Meta to Kyang (5-6 hours) (3887m)
Day 07: Trek Kyang to Phu (5-6 hours) (4080m)
Day 08: Acclimatization at Phu and Excursion to Monasteries (6-7 hours)
Day 09: Trek from Phu Gaun to Himlung base camp (4900m)
Day 10 to Day 24 (Climbing Period: Base Camp – Himlung Summit (7126m) – Basecamp)
Day 25: Trek from Base Camp to Phu Gaun
Day 26: Trek from Phu Gaun to Meta (3560m)
Day 27: Trek from Meta to Koto (2600m)
Day 28: Drive from Koto to Besisahar (760m)
Day 29: Drive from Besisahar to Kathmandu & transfer to the Hotel
Day 30: Leisure day in Kathmandu City
Day 31: International departure
* Transfer airport-hotel-airport for International and domestic flights.
* Welcome group dinner in Kathmandu
* Transportation of staffs, food supply and equipments from Kathmandu-base campKathmandu via Beshishar- Bulbule (road head) by vehicle and porters.
* Member’s personal climbing equipment Kathmandu-Base Camp-Kathmandu (max 45 Kg per person).
* All meals during the expedition, and hotel in kathmandu on Bed and breakfast basis.
* Single tent with mattress at Base Camp for each member.
* Support of one high altitude Sherpa per member to carry all food and gear to higher camps. Also assist members during climb and summit attempt.
* Common climbing equipment (Required rope, ice bar, ice screw, etc).
* Applicable National Park and entrance fees.
* Restop toilet bags to bring human waste off the mountain for all members.
* High altitude tents for all members and climbing Sherpa.
* All food and fuel for Base Camp and higher camps during expedition.
* One walkie talkie sharing between client and Sherpa.
* Sat Phone available at Base camp, but with nominal charge for use.
* Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging small electronics.(Eg. mobile phones, amateur digital cameras and handheld video cameras).
* Service of a cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp
* All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tents, toilet tent, table and chairs and cooking utensils for Base Camp.
* Insurance of climbing Sherpa, cooks, Kitchen Boys, Liaison Officer and porters
* Equipments allowance, wages for Government Liaison Officer, high altitude climbing Sherpa, cook and kitchen boy.
* Garbage disposal charge.
* Medical oxygen (One 4 liter Poisk bottle with mask and regulator) at base camp for emergency. (Use of oxygen subject to charges at US$ 450 per bottle).
* International flights to/from Nepal.
* Nepal entry visa fee. (Can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
* Meals in Kathmandu.
* OXYGEN SYSTEM (Please inform Asian Trekking about your requirements).
* Hotel accommodation not mentioned in itinerary.
* Personal climbing gear above base camp.
* Excess personal member’s baggage transport Kathmandu-base camp US$ 8 per kg one way.
* Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation and lost luggage.
* Applicable permit fees and customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, communication equipment and commercial filming.
* Expenses of personal nature such as hard and soft drinks, laundry, postage, telephone and Email, etc.
* Applicable customs duty and import license fees for all expedition goods arriving in Nepal as air/road cargo.
* Personal power pack for charging heavy electronics (laptops, professional camera batteries etc).
Note: If provided date is not convenient for you then, let us know. We are happy to arrange your appropriate custom trip.
Down Jacket (lightweight)
Down Pants (lightweight)
Fleece Trousers or Salopettes
Polypropylene Long Johns
Lightweight Walking Socks
Plastic / Leather Climbing Boots
Sleeping Bag (minus 20 C)
Screw Lock Karabiners
Set Prussic Loops
Head Lamp, Spare Bulbs, Batteries
Large Pack 50-60 lt
Day Pack 30-35 lt